Tonite we had a delicious stew cooked by a slow cooker!
From Food box
5 carrots, peeled and cut thick
7 'small' potatoes, peeled and cut thick cubes
1 large onion, sliced thinly
2 cloves of garlic (I love garlic! so adjust to your taste)
600 g chuck steak, cut in thick cubes
1/2 cup frozen peas
1 teaspoon of Worcestershire sauce
1 teaspoon of TB sauce
3/4 cup of vegie stock
salt and pepper
2 teaspoons of tomato paste
1 can of chopped tomatoes (I used a flavoured one - herb and garlic)
olive oil to brown the onion and meat
1. Brown both onion (with garlic) and meat then put in the slow cooker
2. Sprinkle the cubed potatoes on top
3. Sprinkle the chopped carrots over ensure its all distributed evenly
4. In a large measuring cup, mix stock, sauces, salt and pepper, tin of tomatoes and tomato paste
5. Pour the liquid over the top of carrots, ensure its covered everywhere
6. Put slow cooker at high for 5 to 6 hours or at medium for 6 to 7 hours
7. At 30 mins before done, stir through the stew and put in thawed frozen peas in.
8. Serve straight away with some bread (too much carbs I know, but it soaks up lovely!)
There were some leftovers, so I've freezed them for future meals.