Last nite I made a dish that I called "Dirty Fried Rice" - it's a hit with my family. Any vegetables that is nearly its end are good for this dish...
From Food box
1 clove garlic
2 large flat mushrooms
1 and half cup of brown and white rices
boiled eggs (I used both chook and quails eggs as we have them here)
1. Put brown rice on, boil for 15 minutes approx.
2. Using hand food processor, chop mushrooms, carrot and zucchini
3. Put oil and garlic in deep frypan, heat then add mushroom pieces and stir until its cooked enough
4. Add the carrot and zucchini and stir for another 10 minutes
5. In meanwhile, add white rice to the pot of brown rice (usually only need 15 minutes cooking)
6. Drain and rinse rice then add rice to the frypan and combine together
7. Give it a dose of soy sauce and stir quickly
8. Add chopped eggs and fold gently before serve.
Let me know how you go with this one, or if you've got a better improvisation...