Tuesday, March 24, 2009

The start of Food Box Recipes

After picking up my weekly food box containing organic vegetables and fruits, I realised I'd need recipes or ideas of using up all those. So here's the start of the recipes blog as it would remind me what I've tried and worked for my family (consists of 3 kids under 11).

Contributions from others are very much welcomed as it would give variety here!

All recipes will be based on seasonal food boxes and all designed for 4 serves (my two little ones usually counts as 1 adult serve anyway).

So in the organisation of this blog, I will include what I've got in the food box that week, the recipes I've found that fits in as I would like to use no less than 50% of the food box contents in each recipe. As I am on a Low GI diet (due to my health issues) so it will be 1/3 carb, 1/4 protein and the rest full of vegetables and herbs or fruits where needed.

Anyone who would like to add theirs, please do email me the full recipe with its source and I will post it here. It is open to all.

Thanks and happy chowing!

1 comment:

  1. Just found this, Darlene!

    Good on you, a great idea.

    Ree xx

    ReplyDelete